Davis Wright Tremaine
Office Services Assistant
New York, NY
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an Office Services Assistant to join our team in our New York office.
This position is responsible for a variety of office support functions; such as, processing and delivering incoming USPS and interoffice mail and vendor/courier packages, processing outbound USPS mail and vendor/courier packages, ordering and organizing supplies, and providing assistance to the attorneys and legal staff, and to the firm-wide administrative teams as needed. This position is also responsible for the setup and clean up associated with meetings and events in the office.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Sort and distribute incoming and interoffice mail; includes inbound express and courier materials
- Assist in processing outbound express and overnight courier materials
- Daily check of printer stations & satellite workrooms for cleanliness; restock supply inventory and paper as needed
- Daily check of kitchens/pantries for cleanliness; restock supply inventory as needed
- Assist with copy/production work requests in the Office Services main-workroom
- Participate in team and other special projects as assigned; such as processing outbound USPS and courier packages for various administrative departments, etc.
- Assist with the general appearance of the support services department; includes ordering and stocking of supplies, organizing workflow product, and cleaning the support services area in a routine manner
- Setup and clean-up of specific office functions such as internal meetings, social hours/mixers, and other events
- Maintain visitor office spaces daily to ensure they are clean, stocked with normal supplies and prepared for visitor use; assist with prepping identified spaces as needed for unscheduled DWT guests
- Provide food and beverage service to all conference rooms, meeting rooms and other event locations (off-site) as necessary
- Maintain inventory of social events closet; in coordination with the Office Administrator, Operations Manager and Office Administrative Coordinator, order and stock supplies for events as needed
- Provide backup and overflow support to the office services staff as needed
- Maintain a punctual schedule and regular attendance
- Other administrative and support responsibilities as requested
- 2+ years related work experience in office support, customer service, and copy or mailroom environment
- Proficient in using computer and standard office applications; such as, fax machines, copiers, scanners and phones
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required; knowledge of all MS Office products strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; dependable team player; well organized; self-starter; strong attention to detail; must possess good judgment and decision making skills
- An ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment
- An ability to learn and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work under deadline pressures with minimal supervision; includes taking ownership of a problem associated with an assigned task and/or on behalf of the team when a business crisis occurs
- An ability to identify and respond to customer/client issues/problems in a timely manner, and seeks feedback/follow-up as appropriate
- An ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally with lawyers, clients, staff, vendors, and other business contacts; both verbal and written format
- Dress appropriately for physical work, while maintaining a professional demeanor and neat appearance
- Able to lift 50 pounds, be on feet most of the workday and use various pieces of services department equipment (hand truck, flatbed cart)
- GED/High School Diploma required; advanced education preferred
- Able to read and write English proficiently
- Able to work extended hours or periodically change hours if needed
- May be required to change work shift temporarily to accommodate special coverage needs - come in early or work later when needed
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.
Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact email@example.com.