Davis Wright Tremaine
Legal Assistant, Energy
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Legal Assistant to join our team in our Washington D.C. office.
This position will provide and coordinate administrative and secretarial support to attorneys and requires a high ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with timekeepers and staff members. If you possess strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills while managing a heavy workload, we want to talk to you
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars; make travel arrangements; set up conference calls
- Prepare and submit expense reimbursement reports and check requests
- Schedule conference rooms using Resource Scheduler and arrange for food service and audio-visual equipment as needed
- Enter attorney time, process and review monthly bills. High focus on client billing including primary liaison for attorney with the Accounting Department as it relates to client bills
- Check in regularly with attorneys and all appropriate team members and prompt as needed to ensure all aspects of projects are on track. Exercise careful judgment about when to ask for guidance
- Type, proofread, run comparisons, and edit correspondence, memoranda, agreements and other legal and business documents from notes, templates, drafts, or dictated text under time sensitive deadlines
- Answer, screen, and respond to phone calls
- Open and route mail, attaching appropriate files and documents
- Maintain correspondence and other legal documents, both paper form and in electronic format (through document management system)
- Manage and save e-mail communications as appropriate
- Make arrangements for messenger, postal, fax, or courier service as needed
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
Join us if you have:
- 3+ years experience as an administrative/executive assistant or legal secretary in a law firm or professional services environment, preferably in litigation
- Experience working with FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) desired
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and Outlook is essential. Must also be strong in Adobe, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to understand and follow work directions, manage multiple priorities and respond to urgent requests with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects and follow them through to completion, Excellent keyboarding, grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with clients, firm members, and other business contacts; as well as the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized and accurate
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, service environment
- Availability and willingness to work overtime as needed or requested
- A high school diploma or GED certification is required
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.