Davis Wright Tremaine
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Specialist
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Specialist to join our team in Seattle, New York or Washington D.C.
This position is responsible for providing high level support for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) programs, including overseeing and managing the DWT Fellowship Program, contributing to coordination and preparation of monthly Education event logistics, collaborating with all DWT departments to create and execute DEI related content creation, and manage DEI billable credit logistics.
We value entrepreneurial self-starters who bring innovative solutions to the table. If you are detail orientated and possess strong administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills while prioritizing and managing multiple assignments, we want to talk to you.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Manage and provide logistical support for DEI-related programs, initiatives, and events
- Implement project management frameworks for the DWT Pre-Law Diversity Fellowship
- Drive the preparation of marketing materials, programs, and other publications
- Create, gather and organize DEI/PBSI Monthly content (Newsletter)
- Coordinate seminars, webinars and other diversity related events
- Provide support to team managers when interacting with clients and engagement with practice groups around the firm
- Build direct relationships with firm clients and their DEI teams
- Support the DEI team on major events and liaison to the event planning team
- Coordinate the negotiation and management of diversity related sponsorships including payment, marketing and attendance at sponsorship events
- Conduct research and deliver reports in support of new diversity and inclusion opportunities as identified by attorneys, and the DEI team
- Produce various statistical reports, charts and spreadsheets as needed. Assist with gathering utilization metrics, feedback from internal affinity groups plus diversity hiring and attrition statistics
- Create PowerPoint slides illustrating statistical trends and other diversity-related information for presentations to and by the DEI team
- Coordinate with the DEI Assistant on reporting on daily news sources, studies, and other external publications for news and developments that are relevant to the DEI teams goals and progress and relaying important, timely information to colleagues
- Assist with various projects as necessary, including surveys, researching and analyzing internal and external data and trends
Join us if you have:
- 2+ years experience providing logistical and managerial support required, experience in a law firm, agency or professional services organization a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail and minimal supervision
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills to respond to a diverse user group required
- Demonstrated proficiency with the full suite of MS Office products, with particular strength in manipulating data in Excel
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with constant changes
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Ability to take initiative in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to analyze problems and propose solutions with a focus on results
- Ability to work independently while also working as a strong team player
- Demonstrated experience with data management software
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.