Davis Wright Tremaine
Los Angeles, CA
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for a Compensation Analyst to join our team. This position will work West Coast (PT) hours, but has the flexibility to be located in any of our office locations: Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Anchorage, New York or Washington D.C.
This position is responsible for supporting the management of the attorney compensation programs for our 500+ attorney, private practice law firm.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
- Assists the Attorney Compensation Manager with arrangements/transactions to be reviewed by practice and office leadership with regards to the setting of annual compensation for the firms attorneys whose compensation is determined by way of individual contract, i.e. contract partners, counsel, of counsel (generally)
- Oversees the collection of quality data for use in the calculation of incentive payments
- Prepare analyses for review as it relates to lateral attorney candidates
- Works closely with Payroll staff to ensure the timely and accurate processing of all attorney incentive payments
- Provides ongoing data and analysis support to the Attorney Compensation Manager
- Responsible for scheduling and overall administration of the annual Share process, and Contract Partner Comp process
- Special and Ad Hoc analyses, including quarterly/annual processes for special committees (REC, ISC, etc)
- Project assignments as required
- Ongoing document management and tracking as it relates to attorney contracts, incentives, special bonuses and partner transitions
- Responsible for updating budget hours and credit allocations
Join us if you have:
- 4+ years progressively responsible work experience, including 2+ years in an analyst/comp role, required.
- 3+ years experience with accounting software systems, preferred
- Must perform well under pressure and execute assignments with minimal direction; advanced skill level of standard MS Office applications, specifically Excel and Word and Power Point required. Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI and SQL applications preferred
- Ability to understand and interpret financial and performance data, required
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with a high attention to detail and ability to work under and meet reporting deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with all levels of a professional services organization, including interpersonal skills, required
- Previous experience in a law-firm or professional services organization, supporting a multi-office environment, strongly preferred
- BA/BS required. Degree in Accounting/Finance, Business, Economics or related field preferred
Who We Are
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with eight offices nationwide. We are relentlessly committed to client service and look for candidates who share that commitment. At DWT, client service means having empathy for each clients and each lawyers work and personal pressures, business objectives, and legal needs; anticipating their needs; and having the capabilities and commitment to deliver what matters most to them.Whats in it For You?
DWT offers competitive compensation in addition to ample benefits including but not limited to:
- Choice of health and vision insurance plans
- 2 paid volunteer days for qualifying community service work
- Dental plan
- Fertility and adoption benefit
- Paid sabbatical after 13 years of service
- Tuition reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Retirement contribution
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are part of the fabric of Davis Wright Tremaine-central to who we are and what we do. Our vision is to foster a culture where all talented individuals-including those from traditionally underrepresented populations-can have, and can see, a path to success. We are committed to fostering DEI because it makes our firm better, in every way. At DWT, every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employees sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Davis Wright Tremaine provides reasonable accommodations for those who need them to complete the application or recruiting process and for employees who need reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their positions due to a disability or for religious reasons. If you need to request accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please contact email@example.com.